Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Painting from Fort Wayne in Detroit.

Most of you know me as a ghost hunter, however everyone back home (family, friends and classmates) knew me as an artist.

I have had a few people ask me about the story behind the painting I will be selling next week through ebay, so I figured I would take some time out to tell you a little about it.

The painting is done in oil on an 8x10 canvas board, it took me a total of 4 days to complete. I painted it from a photo I had taken during a paranormal event at Fort Wayne in Detroit.

Why a washroom? I chose this photo for a few reasons, I loved the reflections in the tile, I loved the off balance angle the photo was taken in, I liked its dark and creepy feel with the glowing window and I thought it would be the perfect challenge for my first real attempt at jumping back into art... since high school.

The color is so much more impressive in person, I used blue, black, white and red. This photograph has dulled down the color in the painting but I hope to have a scanned version soon to post that will hopefully do the painting more justice.

I am looking to do more paintings in the future from photos I have taken on the road and from locations I investigated. So keep an eye out for paintings of some of your favorite locations and possibly prints of those paintings!

Any locations you would like to suggest?! Send them to kris@kriswilliams.com

Thanks guys!
Kris