Wednesday, September 12, 2012

New England Gal in Los Angeles...

Los Angeles... the land of palm trees, sunshine, beaches... and HORRIBLE drivers...

I have been in LA since July and I am still trying to get used to my new surroundings. Even though I haven't been on the road for work since last Oct-I have still managed to keep just as busy traveling. This has made things a bit of a challenge with getting settled.

It still hasn't completely hit me that I'm not just here for a visit, that any day I won't be on a plane back home-my real home-New England.

Since, like I said, I haven't really had a chance to experience LA yet-the one thing that has stood out so far is the above mentioned driving. Do they not have drivers ed out here?

I do find it funny that they say New England drivers are crazy-we are. However, the difference between the New England "crazy" and the LA "crazy" is that... New Englanders know HOW to drive. We like to use these little things called blink-ahs, we know how to merge, we can drive in show-ahs, blizz-ahds and if you drive with LA skills you will get the one finger salute. 

I can handle the traffic-bring it. It's the jackasses who do 90 mph knowing there could be a pile up at any second. Or how about the morons who jump 4 lines while rehearsing lines for their "big" audition. Then there's the bikers. Freaking everyone and there brother is on a bike and they just fly up the middle of the lanes-I swear they have a death wish.

Another thing Los Angeles missed is a lesson on merging. It's really not that difficult. However, out here they need stop lights on their on ramps, letting one or two drivers merge onto the highway at a time... And when it is your turn to go people ON the highway don't get the concept.

"Like OMG! Where did this car come from?! It like TOTALLY came outta no where?! Like, why is it trying to get in front of me?!?! ...I should totally speed up..."

What the fuck is that all about? I can't even imagine these people on a roterey...

I heard all of this only gets worse with rain. It's like some foreign thing out here that just causes complete frantic, brain dead drivers...

I have yet to experience this-I'm not sure if it'll be frightening or entertaining...

Kris