Monday, July 16, 2012

Join Me on an Interactive Roadtrip & Scavenger Hunt!


After nearly five years of traveling the globe seeking adventure, researching historical documents and pursuing evidence of the paranormal, I'm putting fans on a History & Mystery Hunt!

Though I've tackled challenges in more than 22 countries, I'll begin my biggest journey yet on July 21 when I move from my home in New England to Los Angeles in a cross-country roadtrip. Because I want to bring fans along with me on the road, the Kris Williams History & Mystery Hunt is an interactive scavenger hunt and giveaway where I'll personally be dropping off gift boxes in 10 cities along my route at pre-arranged locations. It is the closest thing to riding along with me in the car.

By interacting with fans over Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, I'll leave tips and hints for fans in Boston, Albany, Buffalo, Cleveland, Chicago, Omaha, Denver, Cedar City, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. Each box on the Kris Williams History & Mystery Hunt will contain a collection of items that reflect my personality and interests, along with some goodies I've picked up from my journeys on Syfy’s “Ghost Hunters” and “Ghost Hunters International,” along with my work as a contributor on Ancestry.com - such as a one-year membership to Ancestry.com and an Ancestry.com AncestryDNA kit, albums from some of my favorite bands such as The Sheepdogs, a signed headshot and handwritten letter from me. I will even leave behind a few smaller items for fans who didn’t get to the drop off location first.

Fans who can’t make it to drop off cities on the Kris Williams History & Mystery Hunt can still take part in my journey as I will be posting video and photos from the road, along with conducting interviews and shooting live content. All of the fans that are on the hunt are encouraged to do the same thing. Every item posted through social media on the Kris Williams History & Mystery Hunt will be accompanied by the #KWHistoryMystery hashtag so fans can receive tips or follow along. The locations of the drop offs will remain secret until the first fan discovers the gift and announces it.

The Kris Williams History & Mystery Hunt will begin Saturday, July 21, with drop offs in Boston, Mass., and Albany, N.Y. On Sunday, July 22, I’ll drop off in Buffalo, N.Y., and Cleveland, Ohio. On Monday, July 23, a drop off will take place in Chicago, Ill. A gift package will be dropped in Omaha, Neb., on Tuesday, July 24, and in Denver, Colo., on Wednesday, July 25. Cedar City, Utah and Las Vegas, Nev., will have a drop on Thursday, July 26, and the final gift package drop off will take place in Los Angeles, Calif., on Friday, July 27.

I am available to talk with the press about the Kris Williams History & Mystery Hunt. To set up interviews, and get exclusive tips about the drop off, contact Publicity@KrisWilliams.com and and Marc@IdealEventManage.com, and follow hashtag #KWHistoryMystery for updates.

-Kris

www.KrisWilliams.com
Twitter: @KrisWilliams81
Instagram: KrisWilliams81